177 Mortgages and 177 Protect are trading styles of One 77 Mortgages limited. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The FCA aims to make sure the financial market works well so consumers get a fair deal. They also ensure the financial industry is run with integrity and have their best interests at heart by providing consumers with appropriate products and services. The FCA receives no funding from the government and is funded by charging fees to firms like us to carry out financial activities. The FCA is an independent governing body that is accountable to the treasury and parliament.
Please see our Terms of Business for further information.
Also, please see our Complaints Procedure if you have any concerns.
If your complaint involves a regulated mortgage or general insurance, unresolved complaints can be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
Treating Customers Fairly - TCF
Treating Customers Fairly is an agenda set out by FCA which helps consumers achieve a fair deal. 177 Mortgages and 177 Protect must be able to demonstrate that we are consistently delivering fair outcomes to our clients. We must also demonstrate that the management within the company takes responsibility for creating a culture where all staff ensure clients are treated fairly and achieve the best possible deal. The FCA principles under TCF which our senior management ensure that we follow are:
- Customers should feel confident that we will treat them fairly.
- Products and services we market and sell should meet the needs of our customers and be targeted accordingly.
- We keep customers well informed before, during and after sales.
- Our advice must be suitable and take into account our customers’ circumstances.
- All products and services should perform in a way that meets the expectations of our customers.
- We should not put unreasonable barriers in the way for our customers to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on Data Protection. It replaced the 1995 Data Protection Directive and was enforceable from 25 May 2018. One 77 Mortgages Limited take your privacy seriously and the documents below explain how we work to keep your data safe.
- Our Customer Privacy Notice explains why we need your data and what we do with it
- If you would like to make a Subject Access Request, please click HERE
If you have any questions about how we manage your data, please contact email@example.com
Modern Slavery Statement
We are committed to working with our partners and suppliers to eliminate modern slavery, please click HERE, to read our statement.